Other life adventures

Thursday, June 17, 2010

aholic - one who exhibits an obsessive need for or interest in (something specified)

There is no dout about this matter.
My name is Abigail and I am a birth-aholic, baby- aholic, pregnancy- aholic. I simply can't learn enough. This "obsessive" interest of mine started long ago and it seems as though it can't be completely satisfied. This birth junky inside of me is taking over! No matter how many conferences, workshops and training courses I attend I crave more. My shelving in my house are quickly filling up with books about you guessed it and nothing but... As I was placing a new order from my fav book store it crossed my mind again that if this obsession were with any thing but this I would be in great need of soome professional help. I remember reading my first book about this awesome topic it was a very old addition of Sheila Kitzinger's Pregnancy and Childbirth at the time my Mother was expecting one of my younger siblings. Now I am currently planning a road trip to an event 7ish hours away because I just can't get enough and other than births I attend there is nothing great going on around these parts.


This might sound crazy or out there to some but this is just the way that I choose to live. I love birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment